IT Administrator (Virtual, Home Based)
Furry Friends Animal Rescue Organisation QLD (FFARQ) is a not-for-profit organisation that promotes animal welfare by providing temporary foster homes for homeless pets, adopting them to qualified homes. FFARQ operates remotely, with animals being carefully placed with volunteer Foster Carers until they are adopted.
Our aim is to desex, vaccinate, microchip and where necessary, rehabilitate companion animals whilst they are in the safety and comfort of a loving foster home. This all happens before offering them for adoption to suitable forever homes.
Our desire is to minimise the large number of animals euthanised every year in pounds and shelters. We want to educate the general public of the importance of responsible pet ownership and make them aware of the importance of desexing. We want to help reduce the numbers of unwanted litters of puppies and kittens which adds to the already overcrowded pounds and shelters.
This role is responsible for assisting the implementation and ongoing support of our IT system, Shelter Manager. This role will also work closely with our Foster Carers and Admin Team to resolve their queries related to data entry, admin tasks and any IT related functions.
● Create, remove and change access provided to users on Shelter Manager, Associate staff accounts to Shelter Manager accounts
● Create and update roles defined on Shelter Manager basis user requirements
● Create and revise reports on Shelter Manager basis user requirements
● Review of SM access and roles to check for any changes required
● Update any changes done to access and roles in excel templates maintained on google drive
● Maintain and update training material and processes for Shelter Manager as required
● Assist with Shelter Manager training for volunteers in the day-to-day use of the system if required
● Provide IT Support for volunteers
● Attend the weekly team “virtual” meeting (one evening per week)
● Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field and relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education / training.
● Experience in dealing with IT applications and database management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Attention to detail, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
● Be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
● Ability to adhere to short deadlines
● High attention to detail
● Ability to work independently, show initiative and work cohesively within a virtual team
● Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
● Excellent organisational skills, keen attention to detail, and be self-motivated.
Workplace Health and Safety Responsibilities
● Participate in the FFARQ e-learning induction module
● Uphold all FFARQ occupational health and safety policies, procedures
● Follow correct safe work practices ensuring:
● A safe ‘virtual’ home office working environment
● Safe manual handling and lifting techniques are adhered to always
● Notify FFARQ immediately of any Health and Safety issues that come to attention, so risks can be assessed, and appropriate control measures can be implemented
FFARQ is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of its staff. FFARQ and its volunteer staff must comply with a range of statutory requirements, including equal opportunity, occupational health and safety, privacy and trade practice. FFARQ also expects staff to comply with its policy and procedures, which relate to statutory requirements and our ways of working. Appointees are accountable for completing training on these matters and ensuring their knowledge is up to date.
● This role is primarily virtual or home-based
● You will require (at your own expense) a reliable computer, mobile phone, internet and anti-virus; as well as a Facebook account (or the ability to create an account).
● Applicants must be 18+ and eligible to live and work in Australia
● Minimum commitment of 5 hours per week
● Optional: If you are located within SE Queensland and would like to assist with foster carer visits in your local area, and/or with the transfer of fosters, a class C driver’s license and a reliable vehicle is required.
● All volunteers within FFARQ must have integrity, respect for others and their time; and a passion to contribute to their role and the overarching goals of the team
● Honesty and Reliability - You will be working on your own as a virtual volunteer with minimal supervision, so your integrity is important.
● Respect for others and their time - Everyone is going above and beyond their usual responsibilities to volunteer so be respectful.
● Love for animals and a need to contribute - Above anything else, it is passion that will help you be successful and commit to this role
This role requires a minimum commitment of 5-10 hours per week for 6 months.
**Please share your resume and brief note about any work/associations with animals**